WE CAN ADVISE YOU
VAT is one of the most complicated areas of tax. We can advise you on choosing the right scheme and other key VAT issues.
VAT – a summary
A general overview of the principles of VAT
Recovering VAT on staff expenses
How to reclaim VAT on supplies made to your employees
VAT – annual accounting scheme
The annual accounting scheme helps small businesses by allowing them to submit only one VAT return annually rather than the normal four.
VAT – bad debt relief
The conditions and requirements of claiming VAT relief on bad debts
VAT – cash accounting
A guide to the cash accounting scheme
VAT – flat rate scheme
The VAT flat rate scheme for small businesses potentially reduces the administrative burden imposed when operating VAT. Under the scheme, a set percentage is applied to the turnover of the business as a one-off calculation instead of having to identify and record the VAT on each sale and purchase you make. This factsheet explains how the VAT Flat Rate Scheme works.
VAT – how to survive the enforcement powers
Making sure you comply with the rules.
VAT – seven key points for the smaller business
This factsheet focuses on VAT matters of relevance to the smaller business. A primary aim is to highlight common risk areas as a better understanding can contribute to a reduction of errors and help to minimise penalties.
VAT – Making Tax Digital
An overview of the Making Tax Digital for VAT regulations
Here is a guide to the main topics:
- VAT – A SUMMARY Download PDF
- RECOVERING VAT ON STAFF EXPENSES Download PDF
- VAT – ANNUAL ACCOUNTING SCHEME Download PDF
- VAT – BAD DEBT RELIEF Download PDF
- VAT – CASH ACCOUNTING Download PDF
- VAT – FLAT RATE SCHEME Download PDF
- VAT – HOW TO SURVIVE THE ENFORCEMENT POWERS Download PDF
- VAT – MAKING TAX DIGITAL Download PDF
- VAT – SEVEN KEY POINTS FOR THE SMALLER BUSINESS Download PDF