The factsheets in this section answer some of the most commonly-asked questions from business clients - contact us for advice tailored to your needs
What records should you keep – and for how long?
Bribery Act 2010
This factsheet gives an overview of the procedures you must put in place in relation to the Bribery Act 2010.
Cash basis for the self-employed
Small unincorporated businesses can calculate their profits for tax purposes on a cash basis rather than the normal accruals basis. We look at the optional rules that allow for this, while also taking in the key tax points.
Company secretarial duties
This factsheet considers what company information has to be made available and looks at whether a company secretary needs to be appointed.
Criminal Finances Act 2017
The Criminal Finances Act makes companies and partnerships criminally liable for failing to prevent tax evasion. This factsheet considers the key aspects of the Act and the implications for your business.
Data security – Data Protection Act
The key compliance issues are observed when looking at data protection and the Data Protection Act.
Data security – General Data Protection Regulation
Ensure the key compliance issues are observed when considering data protection and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Data security – General Data Protection Regulation – Ensuring Compliance
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires organisations to protect the personal data of individuals.
Becoming a director carries with it potentially onerous duties. Make sure you know what those duties are. This factsheet gives guidance on directors’ responsibilities.
We consider if your business is eligible for a grant.
Limited liability partnerships
The key features of a Limited Liability Partnership.
Making Tax Digital for Individuals
Outlining the Making Tax Digital regulations for individuals.
Micro Entity Accounting
This factsheet considers the options available to micro entities when preparing their accounts. This factsheet considers the options available.
Tough rules apply to tackle money laundering and the proceeds of crime. The rules affect a wide range of people and we consider how your organisation may be impacted.
An explanation of the directors’ report requirements faced by private companies.
Preparing for your accountant
Whether we are producing your accounts or carrying out tax compliance work, being prepared for us will ensure our work is carried out smoothly and efficiently and with the minimum disruption to yourselves. This factsheet highlights many of the ways in which you can help.
Different approaches to setting a price.
Selling your business
An introduction to the issues involved in a business sale.
Small Company Accounting
We consider the required format of statutory accounts for small companies. This factsheet considers the reporting requirements and their impact.
Strategies for increasing revenue
Including the product/market matrix.
The value of outsourcing
Which functions could you outsource?
Valuing your business
There are many reasons why you may need to calculate the value of your business. This factsheet considers the range of methods available as well as some of the factors to consider during the process.
Here is a guide to the main topics:
- ACCOUNTING RECORDS Download PDF
- BRIBERY ACT 2010 Download PDF
- CASH BASIS FOR THE SELF-EMPLOYED Download PDF
- COMPANY SECRETARIAL DUTIES Download PDF
- CRIMINAL FINANCES ACT 2017 Download PDF
- DATA SECURITY – DATA PROTECTION ACT Download PDF
- DATA SECURITY – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION – ENSURING COMPLIANCE Download PDF
- DATA SECURITY – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION Download PDF
- DIRECTORS’ RESPONSIBILITIES Download PDF
- GRANTS Download PDF
- LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIPS Download PDF
- MAKING TAX DIGITAL FOR INDIVIDUALS Download PDF
- MICRO ENTITY ACCOUNTING Download PDF
- MONEY LAUNDERING Download PDF
- NARRATIVE REPORTING Download PDF
- OUTSOURCING Download PDF
- PREPARING FOR YOUR ACCOUNTANT Download PDF
- PRICING STRATEGIES Download PDF
- SELLING YOUR BUSINESS Download PDF
- SMALL COMPANY ACCOUNTING Download PDF
- STRATEGIES FOR INCREASING REVENUE Download PDF
- VALUING YOUR BUSINESS Download PDF