Employment law can be a minefield, especially for the small business owner. Here are some guides to the essentials...
Agency workers regulations
We consider the implications of the Agency Workers Regulations.
We consider their entitlement and some complications of annual leave, including payment, entitlement and sickness during leave.
We consider the key areas that can be involved in employee dismissal, whether it is looking at statutory procedure, possible unfair dismissal claims or simply the right to dismiss an employee.
Getting the most out of staff appraisals
Make sure appraisals are effective and useful.
Identifying and preventing fraud
Minimise the risk of fraud to your business.
Legal working in the UK
Guidance to help you make sure that your business is complying with the law when it comes to employing staff to work in the UK.
Occupational pension schemes: trustees’ responsibilities
Employers can help promote retirement benefits for their employees in a number of ways including occupational schemes.
Pensions – automatic enrolment
If you employ staff, you’ll need to ensure you comply with the auto-enrolment regulations.
Recruiting the right staff
Make sure you have a structured process for recruitment.
Recruitment procedures – employment law
Our suggestions can help you take on better employees by improving your recruitment process and also avoid making mistakes.
Statutory sick, maternity and paternity pay
We look at an employer’s obligations to pay statutory payments and the processes involved.
The National Living Wage and the National Minimum Wage
Ensure you are compliant with all the rates.
Your staff handbook
Key elements of a staff handbook.
Here is a guide to the main topics:
- AGENCY WORKERS REGULATIONS Download PDF
- ANNUAL LEAVE Download PDF
- DISMISSAL PROCEDURES Download PDF
- GETTING THE MOST OUT OF STAFF APPRAISALS Download PDF
- IDENTIFYING AND PREVENTING FRAUD Download PDF
- LEGAL WORKING IN THE UK Download PDF
- OCCUPATIONAL PENSION SCHEMES TRUSTEES RESPONSIBILITIES Download PDF
- PENSIONS – AUTOMATIC ENROLMENT Download PDF
- RECRUITING THE RIGHT STAFF Download PDF
- RECRUITMENT PROCEDURES – EMPLOYMENT LAW Download PDF
- STATUTORY SICK, MATERNITY AND PATERNITY PAY Download PDF
- THE NATIONAL LIVING WAGE AND THE NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE Download PDF
- YOUR STAFF HANDBOOK Download PDF